Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Piano Recital by Silvan Negrutiu

My 1st post on this site.  A little daunting, yes.  But, hey that's just a feeling and one that I'll get past.

Last week I witnessed and participated in 2 fantastic performances in the Arts.

One, a piano performance called "A Minor Recital with Picardy Thirds."  The other, a participatory "Contact Improvisation" dance workshop.  Both led me to the same conclusion.  There doesn't have to be a story to everything.  Sometimes, things are what they are!  An experience that evokes emotion in that very moment.




Last Tues, Feb 12, 2013, I went to a Valentine's piano performance by Silvan Negrutiu at Shenandoah University.  It was his Doctoral Performance Recital, and it was incredible!  He played the following:
Ludwig Van Beethoven's 32 Variations on an Original Theme in C minor, W.O.80.  
Ludwig Van Beethoven's Sonata in C minor, Op. 111.   
Franz Liszt's Sonata in B minor, S. 178





Wish I had video of the evening's performance.  Instead, you can watch & hear Silvan here.
 
 


It was an amazing experience and like nothing I've witnessed before. I have to admit my mind wandered a bit.  But in a good way!  Since it was my first time witnessing a solo pianist perform, well, solo with nobody on the stage but him, I imagined him an accompaniment.  I envisioned dancers performing lyrical numbers and an imaginary pull-down screen presenting blades of grass growing, flowers blooming and a couple picnic-ing and exhibiting acts of adoration.  Of course, these were just thoughts and images in my mind. 

By Liszt's Sonata, I settled into the fact it was just me actively listening to my friend, Silvan Negrutiu, wildly and beautifully playing the piano; no visual accompaniment needed.  Although, I occasionally saw colorful auras shooting out and cascading all around the piano.  He plays with such passion and panache!   It's an amazing feeling to succumb to such mind and soul-enriching melodies.  Silvan, if you're reading this, THANK YOU for teaching me to JUST BE.  You are so talented and cool!   

  

Not Silvan, Beethoven or Liszt but...

Beethoven's 32 Variations can be listened to Here



Beethoven's Sonata Here

 and Liszt's Sonata Here
 


I'll post about my Contact Improvisation Dance experience later. 

Happy Days and Thanks for reading my very 1st post!  :)

 #arts #auras #Beethoven #just be #Liszt #love #pianist #piano #recital #Silvan Negrutiu #Valentine


No comments:

Post a Comment